I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Saturday, January 28, 2012

Potluck Saturday

Breakfast: I had to leave room for a big lunch so had Mulitgrain Cheerios ($0)
Lunch: Potluck-I was a little skeptical but people kept coming and bringing delicious things, mostly of the Latino persuasion.  I provided gallo pinto.  My favorite dish my friend from the Midwest brought what she called "candied meat" which is little smokies wrapped in bacon with some sort of brown sugar glaze, I kept myself at 2 but could have eaten the whole plate.  I did get to snag some of the leftovers so they will appear in other meals this week I'm sure.  ($0)
Snack: I went to Starbucks and paid full price but on a gift card I got for Christmas with a note - use this so you don't have to get strangers to buy you food.  ($0)
Dinner: Potlucks are great because you can overeat and then skip some meals altogether. ($0)

No comments:

Post a Comment