I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Sunday, January 22, 2012

Why don't coupons work in New Mexico? Was the lady at Starbucks confirming my belief that it really isn't part of America?

Breakfast: I made real oatmeal again but something went wrong - I still ate it. ($0)
Lunch: Raquel made some interesting tortillas, I made a quesadilla with them and she gave me an avocado on the side.  I had an orange too ($0)
Snack: I met with a friend at Starbucks to do homework, I had a voucher to get a free drink from filling out a survey.  For some reason they said I couldn't use the voucher (I think because I earned it in CA and NM is an international location).  They still gave me my drink for free and let me keep the voucher ($0)
Dinner:  One of my first shopping trips I bought a 4 pack of garden burgers that I hadn't eaten yet.  I had one of them with some gouda and avocado on top.  I also cooked up the expiring snap peas and had them on the side ($0)
Snack: I went to this show thing Saturday night and was super thirsty so bought a Sprite ($1)

No comments:

Post a Comment