I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Bountiful Sunday

Breakfast: Multi-grain Cheerios, probably oatmeal is starting to feel left out. ($0)
Lunch: Usually the first Sunday of the month is potluck day at church but they decided to have one this week too, so I got a lovely free lunch of random things. ($0)
Dinner: I went to pizza with my friend Heather the pizza was good and then they had this dessert thing that was amazing, something with puff pastry, apples, cinnamon ice cream, and caramel sauce.  She paid but I did pick up the tip ($4).

Since I went grocery shopping my week total isn't as impressive as last week but I have most of that food left.  Total $39.71which is still less than $2/meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment