I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Friday, January 20, 2012

A tribute to father John

In my dream I had purchased eggs, milk and tortillas, in reality I purchased nothing.
Breakfast: Instant oatmeal with pecans and a cup of green tea. ($0)
Lunch: Ham, zucchini (from Morgan), and gouda cooked in a skillet with some oregano.  This meal was lame and reminded me of how similar I am to my father.  He's all about finding random "balanced" things in the fridge and cooking them together in a skillet. ($0)
Dinner: I used to get free dinners on Thursdays but now I have classes from 4-9:30 so have to pack a meal.  I made PB&J with old bread (from Morgan at least 2 months ago) and the remainder of my peanut butter and jelly from my first shopping trip back in August.  I don't think the jam was good anymore.  I also had some snap peas (from Morgan) which was quite exciting because they are usually one of my favorite raw vegetables, these ones may have been on their way out. ($0)
Snack: Dinner was pretty depressing so when I got home I decided to make cinnamon toast! something taught by my Nica roommates.  You take toast, put on a little butter and sprinkle some cinnamon and sugar and it's like a churro...NOT.  This was totally dissatisfying and looking at the butter in the fridge made me appreciate my dad's obsession with using a butter knife. ($0)

2 comments:

  1. Why do people keep giving you food, I don't get it. Or is it mostly just Morgan... no, Lani gave you chai! Why aren't people giving me food here, Joy? What is your trick?

    Oh wait, I guess the collard greens from my neighbor last week should count, huh? Ok I guess I don't have it that bad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'll share with you my tips on being needy.

    ReplyDelete