I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Monday, September 17, 2012

why i should grocery shop

Breakfast: Well I was going to heat up some 9grain with milk, but then I noticed the jug of horchata in the fridge so I used that as a substitute and chopped up some apple in it too. It was good, I'm excited to try out another variation tomorrow. ($0)
Lunch: Mac & cheese, bell pepper from my garden and tomatoes. ($0)
Dinner: This was a little scary.  Remember my mystery meat from the chicken salad fiasco? This now boiled mystery meat is still in my fridge I chopped it up with some strange mix of frozen veggies (that were purchased when my parents were visiting), then I decided I should add rice.  I had some rice (the TJ's cooked brown rice) but then I found another bag of rice, but it wasn't just rice, it was gallo pinto.  These 3 items went in a skillet together with worcestershire sauce and olive oil (becasue those were the first things I saw), once thawed I ate it.  Um it wasn't delicious and I made enough for tomorrow too, maybe I'll melt some cheese on top...that usually helps. ($0)

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh that sounds disgusting. i'm glad we're coming to town soon so we can feed you decent food for a few days.

    ReplyDelete