I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Thursday, September 20, 2012

re-repurposing

Breakfast: I made pancakes, they weren't very good.  I didn't have egg so I used water, while making them my sister told me I could have added flax, that would have been better. Then she told me that flax doesn't substitute for eggs in every situation (ie. scrambled eggs). Have a little faith Julie. ($0)
Lunch: So you may remember the mystery meal I had on Monday, I still had more but was really dreading eating it, so I figured out how to repurpose it.  I added Bisquick, an egg (I shopped), milk and cheese and baked it all together.  It was much better than the first time which is fortunate becasue it multiplied so I'll have get to eat it at least one more time. So here's the recipe, you'll definitely want to file it away somewhere: mystery meat (boiled and chopped), frozen veggies, gallo pinto, Bisquick, 1 egg, milk, cheese.
Dinner: It was fiesta night, I made tortillas and horchata.  I used to make tortillas then I moved to America where you just go out and buy whatever you want.  I did have to buy lard, flour and rice.  Then on a personal splurge I bought eggs and milk. ($7.54)

No comments:

Post a Comment