I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

A good meal

Breakfast: After walking I made fruit parfaits for everyone.  Then when I got home I had an egg. ($0)
Lunch: Grilled cheese sandwich.  I usually don't make these because I only have grated cheese and it's a little tricky but it was super delicious.  ($0)
Shopping: I went to the veggie store and then this amazing Mexican grocery store/anything else you would ever need, Pro's Ranch Market. ($15.04)
Dinner: My friend Carey was in town staying at Morgan's so they came over for a delicious dinner.  The menu?
Appetizers: Fried cheese! Morgan and I are terrible at frying cheese and Carey is an expert so she taught us.   It was amazing.

The 1st time Morgan and I tried to fry cheese
The 2nd time we tried to fry cheese
Entree: Fish tacos-my roommate bought fish from the Schwan's man and didn't like it so I turned it in to some really good (seriously) fish tacos. 
Sides: Green beans, the mold really did stay off from the day before and they were lovely.
Drinks:  There is this wonderful Nica version of Kool-Aid called Zuco, undisputedly the best flavor is passion fruit.  The Mexican stores here have Zuco but not in maracuyá.  However, when we went to the super Mexican grocer they had Klass, a different brand of powdered drink mix, in maracuyá. PTL.

We don't have aprons at my house

Carey is holding up a plate to keep the grease from killing her

Tortillas, fish, cabbage, "white sauce" cilantro, lime, Klass, and fried cheese.

1 comment:

  1. i love your passion for hunting down foreign powdered drink mixes. it really say something about a person....

    ReplyDelete