I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Monday, March 5, 2012

cake

Days like this I think I would gain credibility by not writing what I ate, but since this is about cost, not quaility don't judge.
Breakfast: Egg, biscuit, butternut squash and some cake ($0)
Lunch: One of those chicken hot pocketish things and more butternut squash. ($0)
Dinner: First course - an orange and a mystery combination of snacks I found in a ziplock bag in my purse.  Second course - Chick-fil-a fries and lemonade.  Third course - red velvet cheesecake.  ($0)
So what happened between courses 1 &2?  I went to pick my friend Deborah from work at Chick-fil-a so she gave me some food.  It was her grandparents' 52 anniversary so I was going to drop her off at their house but the family invited me in thus the cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment