I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Thursday, August 30, 2012

cold oatmeal and school events

Breakfast: I have reverted back to the days when 8am is way to early to function.  But I had to be up Skypeing with my boss so I made myself some oatmeal with an apple chopped up in it.  It had some potential but I was impatient and didn't wait for the kettle to whistle. Yeah, it wasn't done. ($0)
Snacks: I was working at a booth for club days from 10-2, the booth next to ours had goldfish so I may have snagged some of those. They also had pizza for workers and I got to it just in time. ($0)
Lunch:  It was free chicken nugget day at Chick-fil-a, you still had to buy a drink and side but the lovely Kelly Bishop mailed me a gift card a while back.  They offer fruit cups as a side so it wasn't terrible. Evidently tomorrow is free fry with no purchase but it's like 20 minutes from my house so not really worth it. ($0)
Dinner: We had this big happy hour kick off, and by big I mean a lot of publicity not a lot of people.  But I'm OK with that.  There were like 25 and that is perfect number for me to schmooze.  Our club bought food and I got drunk off of an open bar of club soda.  ($0)

Tomorrow I'm going to camp with my church, they'll feed me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment