I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Totally slacking

You may have been wondering if I've starved to death, I haven't. I just got back from my most recent trip to the promised land, a land flowing of milk and honey...literally. Being home and then in San Diego and then Pasadena was great. I had lots of free food while catching up with some amazing people.  My few days in Concord were super packed and reminded me that I love to cook/bake without having to substitute all ingredients for their cheap substitutes.  I made ham and cheese melts, key lime pie, fresh tortellini salad, blueberry crumble and chicken salad -in 4 days. In total I spent $10 when I went to lunch and fro yo with Noemma. That works out to a little less than $1 a day so I would deem the trip a success!
Now I'm back.
Breakfast: Protein bar (stolen from my parents' house) ($0)
Lunch: Aussie Bites (leftover from my parents' trip - they travel prepared) ($0)
Dinner: Bean, egg and cheese burrito. (i'm still using my delicious crock pot beans)($0)

No comments:

Post a Comment