I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Friday, February 3, 2012

Big Spender

Breakfast: I opened some beans and made myself a breakfast burrito. ($0)
Lunch: I was out with my roommate and we were going to the movies so I requested we go to McDonald's first.  The Shamrock Shake has arrived. ($3.41)
Dinner: I went to Morgan's for dinner, we made pizza which means a lot of veggies on some crust. But she did teach me how to make crust with only flour, water and yeast so now I can make pizzaish things without buying TJ's crusts.  ($0)

2 comments:

  1. Joy, I like your style. I'm down with eating something disgusting just because it's free. I am not sure I understand how all this food is free, because it must come from somewhere right? OR you are on food stamps. Either way, good job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In accounting I'm currently learning about making adjusting entries to more accurately reflect spending patterns. This is a blog not accounting homework so I just put money in once when spent and overtime it will average out. But I try really hard to just take food from others, then I don't have to worry about spending at all.

    ReplyDelete