I've decided to start blogging my eating adventures. Mostly because cooking has become increasingly boring lately and this will add some excitement to my life. I'm not that girl who shares what she eats because I have an eating disorder. I don't believe in dieting. I think diets, like budgets, are lame and evil. On that financial note, some may consider me cheap and wonder why I can't afford regular food, this has nothing to do with that. Really I am just trying to be more resourceful so my money can be used for more important things. I decided to put cost next to my meals. If it is something I have in the pantry it's free which I realize isn't super accurate but going forward, if I grocery shop, I'll consider those costs.
On my sister's recommendation I stole the title from Carrie Sun's blog on hospital eating .

Monday, October 15, 2012

Welcome back!

I stopped writing becasue my family came to visit and I ate regular food. Who really wants to read about that? Not me. Plus when I have family around I have better things to do than write this blog.  When they left I dog sat for the weekend and ate all their food. So since I've written last I spent $4.50 on a bagel and hot chocolate I bought on the train back from Arizona and $1.67 on some buscuits I needed to make these mini muffin things for a game night last weekend.  ($6.17)

Now I have tons of leftovers from my family's visit and I've been too busy to put it all away so I have a box of groceries in my bedroom.

Breakfast: Aussie Bites. ($0)
Lunch: Eggs with mushrooms and bell pepper. ($0)
Dinner: Not only am I back but so is Morgan! This is great news, not just for food reasons but becasue she is great.  She came over for dinner and we fell back into our experimental routine (for better or for worse).  The Menu:
1) A really great salad, I had fancy lettuce and tomatoes, she brought an orange bell pepper and feta.
2) Guacamole and chips.  She had some avocados on the way out and I had lime and chips. We had way more guac then chips (what a problem to have!) so we could eat as much as we wanted.
3) Butternut squash. I had some my mom had cooked last week.
4) Now Morgan got a new food donation that she wanted to try out as the main dish. Trader Joe's Chicken-less Cutlets.  We had no idea what it was but we opened the package and found this:
Yes, it looks like a brain so we added the sauce pack.

 So much more appetizing, right?

So what is chickenless chicken?  A very odd man-made concoction of powders that you've never heard of died off-grey and turned into the consistency of chicken.  There is no way it is better for you than just eating chicken. And, as Morgan said, it's not like people eat chicken for the consistency.  Case in point...BOYCOTT CHICKENLESS CHICKEN!!!  The inside was beans and corn but neither of us finished this portion of the meal, mostly becasue mentally we weren't really OK with it. ($0)

No comments:

Post a Comment